yeh.thpbd.org uses unicode to display bangla text. You will need to follow this guide to set up bangla unicode support in just 2 steps:
1. add unicode language support
2. add bangla fonts
This is a one time installation enabling you to view and use not only http://www.yeh.thpbd.org, but also hundreds of other bangla websites using the powerful and popular unicode system.
Please start by choosing your operating system below:
necessary changes to your system files
adjust language settings in firefox, internet explorer and opera
note: this section is optional if you want to skip browser’s ability to detect bangla in websites and apply a default bangla font.
in this part you will be properly setup your browser: firefox, internet explorer or opera, for proper bangla support.
bangla setup on firefox version 3.0.3
- from menu click on tools and select options
- from this window click on contents
- click on advanced button for fonts & colors
- click on the drop down list for option fonts for. select bengali from this list
- complete all the option fields as show in the following image and then click on ok.
click ok again to complete your setup.
this completes your setup for firefox.
bangla setup on internet explorer:
- from menu click on tools and select internet options
- from this window click on fonts
- click on the drop down list for language scripts
- select bengali from this drop down list (you may have to scroll up to locate it)
- select SolaimanLipi for web page font. then click ok and ok again.
this completes your setup for internet explorer.
bangla setup on opera version 9.10
- from menu click on tools and select preferences
- click on advanced tab, fonts from left menu and click international fonts
- choose writing system ‘bengali’ from drop-down list
- select SolaimanLipi for normal font. click ok until you exit from preferences
this completes your setup for opera.